MANDATORY - Notice to ALL Employees



Please review your Federal and State tax withholding allowances. Did you marry or divorce, gain or lose a dependent, or have major changes in your family income? Has your “exempt” status changed? If you answered “yes” to any of these, you may need to file a new W-4 form. The W-4 form is available on the payroll webpage.

W-5 Earned Income Credit Advance (AEIC)

The AEIC is a tax credit for certain workers. There are certain restrictions and qualifying features. If you believe you are eligible to receive AEIC payments, please refer to IRS Publication 596 or contact the Payroll Department for more information.

Social Security Verification

Please verify that your name and social security number match your name and social security number that was issued on your social security card. The Social Security Administration regards names and social security numbers as “critical links” connecting your W-2 data to your lifetime earnings record. Your name and social security number must match Social Security’s records. If your name has recently changed, (e.g., due to marriage, divorce, etc.), the District will continue to use your old name until you have obtained a new social security card. After you have received a new social security card, please notify the Human Resources Department. Using a new name without updating the Social Security Administration’s records may prevent the posting of your Social Security and Medicare earnings. You may call the Social Security Administration toll free at 1-800-772-1213 for Form SS-5, Application for a Social Security Card or click this link for access to their website

Direct Deposit

It is your responsibility to submit a new direct deposit enrollment form whenever you change or cancel accounts. It is important to remember that our payroll processes mid month and if you close or change your account after payroll runs, it could result in monies being returned and a delay in receiving your pay.

Beneficiary Designation

If you have had any changes in your status, (e.g., due to marriage, divorce, etc.), it is important that you update your beneficiary forms. Please contact Human Resources at 787-2018 for a Designation of Beneficiary form for release of your final paycheck. Also contact CalSTRS or CalPERS for a Beneficiary Designation form for survivor benefits. For Life Insurance Beneficiary changes, please contact Connie Fierro at 760-787-2033.

If you have any questions regarding the above information, please contact:

 Pam Crist at 787-2027 or Lisa Virgillio at 787-2026.